Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Maya and the Tough Guy (Big Girl Panties #2) by Carter Ashby


Maya and the Tough Guy is the 2nd book in the Big Girl Panties series by Carter Ashby. It can be read as a stand-alone but I recommend reading as part of the series to get the full effect as you get glimpses of the other characters. 

I actually read the 3rd book in this series first as I received an ARC Review Link. I enjoyed it so much I decided to read the rest of the series so I’m essentially reading the series backwards. It works but I guess I wish I would have read it in the correct order because there are small things in the first books that set up events that happen in the later books. While these small things aren’t integral to the story they do add to the plot so I would recommend reading the series in order. 

This book had some hard issues (spousal abuse) but it still had funny parts and I really related to the characters. I found myself rooting for Jayce and Maya (even though I knew how it was going to end because I read the 3rd book first )




Description
Maya Bradley is on her own now. With the help of her dear friends, Zoey and Addy, she’s determined to give her children the lives they deserve, away from their abusive father. But the journey is destined to be difficult, and she meets her first roadblock when she asks sexy, tattooed bar owner, Jayce Gilmore, for a job serving drinks.

Jayce has two reasons for not wanting to hire Maya. One: she deserves a more respectable job. And two: he’s been madly in love with her since he was a young boy. But when he finally realizes how desperate she is for work, he has no choice but to bring her on.

With Maya struggling to earn a living, get an education, and raise two children, Jayce finally finds himself in a position to help her. And though she isn’t interested in a relationship, Maya is showing definite signs of physical attraction. Jayce is sure he can keep his love hidden and fulfill her every fantasy. Unfortunately, he has severely underestimated the needs of his heart. As the moment of truth fast approaches, Maya must decide whether to break a tough guy's heart, or open her fragile soul to the risks that come with loving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment