Monday, May 4, 2015

Away (Keaton #1) by B.A. Wolfe


***I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”***

Away is the first novel in the Keaton series by B.A. Wolfe. If your read this you are going to want to also read the second installment right after.

Excuse me while I sit here and ugly cry for a few minutes. What the heck just happened? If you are in need of a happily ever after you are in the wrong place. This book was overly emotional and I just cannot accept this ending. Seriously though as I was reading like the last 10-15% of this book I had to read a page and then stop and wait a few minutes and pick it back up again because it was just heartbreaking. I can only assume that B.A. Wolfe has a greater plan and will do something awesome in the 2nd book to make up the loss of Jase. 

I would have 5 star-ed this book had it not been for the ending. Maybe I’ll feel differently after I read the next book but for now it’s a 4.5 star book. 




Description
What good is running AWAY when you only end up lost?

Cassandra Pierce had her whole "perfect" life planned out by her parents. One night of pure weakness and lust has her running away from it all and seeking refuge in Alamosa with her best friend. But it seems life has other plans for her when she finds herself lost in the small town of Keaton.

Jason Bradley is a charming country guy. He lives a simple life that’s nothing like what Cassandra is used to. A single moment in life changed everything he thought he once knew, leaving him with a broken heart and an unplanned future.

What happens in Keaton is nothing Cassandra or her heart could have ever prepared for. The instant connection she shares with Jason is no secret, but what they're keeping hidden from one another is. Will these two be able to find a way to trust each other or will their secrets tear them apart?

No comments:

Post a Comment