Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras


Kaleidoscope Hearts is a standalone novel by Claire Contreras although it seems that it may be continuing as a series. Claire Contreras has been releasing parts of a short story online about Mia and Jenson's (two side characters from this book) relationship before the events of this book and there is another book on Goodreads that is speculated to be the full continuation of Mia and Jenson’s story. 

Overall I liked this story and would recommend that you read it but parts of it felt very predictable. I feel like I’ve read a lot of books lately with a similar storyline (fall in love with brother’s best friend, get close, brother’s best friend freaks out and leaves, main character finds a way to move on with life, years later something brings them back together, some sort of drama happens, and then happily ever after).  I did find parts of the story unique and liked the idea of the Kaleidoscope Hearts and what they represented. 




Description

He was my older brother's best friend.
He was never supposed to be mine.
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on.

One of us did.
One of us left.

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me.
He broke my heart last time.
This time he'll obliterate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment