Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sky High (Attraction #3) by C.J. Lake


***I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”***

Sky High is the 3rd book in the Attraction Series by C.J. Lake. Each book in this series is a stand-alone novel with brief appearances of characters from the other books. 

This is the first book I have read by C.J. Lake and I thought it was ok. I didn’t love it but didn’t hate it. I think my biggest problem with it was the lack of strong plot and the third-person POV. Most of the book was written in a third-person POV but I noticed two instances where all the sudden it switched to first person for a few lines then switched back to third person. I also thought that the book would have been stronger told from a first person POV alternating between the two main characters. The third person narration removed any sort of suspense from the book. The book also could have moved a little faster. I found myself wanting to skip pages just so I could get to the end.



Description
First, she stole my parking spot. Then we became friends. Then I fell completely, mind-torturingly in love with her. Oh, wait--I think that happened first...

No comments:

Post a Comment