Thursday, June 18, 2015

ARC Review: Alexa Crushed by T.R. Cupak



***I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”***

Alexa Crushed is the 1st novel in the Alexa Series by T.R. Cupak. This is actually T.R. Cupak’s debut novel and it’s very well written. I would say about 20 pages in I was hooked and didn’t want to put it down. I find that if I’m reading a book and decide to stay up late and forgo sleep even though I know I’m going to be dragging at work the next day that it’s a sign of a really good book. 

This story is full of angst, tragedy, a love-triangle where you just love both of the guys, and towards the end there was some mystery thrown in. I am anxiously awaiting the 2nd installment as this one ends with a pretty big cliffhanger. I have scoured the internet and have not been able to find a date for the 2nd book which is disappointing. I read over 500 books in a typical year so if it takes too long for the 2nd book to come out I might not end up reading it because I won’t feel like I remember enough from the 1st one. 

Anyway I do highly recommend this book. The main character is in high school so there are parts that seem a little immature but that’s to be expected – just push through those parts because it’s honestly a great (and quick) read.



Description
Alexa Morgan lost her mother when she was two. At eighteen, her father and stepmother died when a devastating earthquake hit the Bay Area. Only one person has remained a constant in her life: Devin.

Devin has been Alexa’s best friend since childhood. The two are inseparable—or they were until Devin declared his love for her at sixteen. When Alexa can offer him only friendship in return, Devin retreats, brokenhearted.

Alexa, on the other hand, longs for Ethan, the boy next door. Four years older than her, and with an ever-changing roster of girlfriends, Ethan is everything Devin isn’t: wild, sensual, and unpredictable.

In the aftermath of the deadly earthquake, Ethan makes his move on Alexa, who reciprocates in a confused whirl of grief and desire. When Ethan leaves town the next day, Devin comes back into Alexa’s life, offering support and expecting nothing in return.

Alexa begins to see the advantages of Devin’s quiet, stable love. Can she get past the friendship hang-up while trying to forget bad boy Ethan? It’s a choice that will change her life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment