Friday, June 5, 2015

ARC Review: The Single Game by Amanda Black


***I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”***

The Single Game is the 3rd book in the Apartment Novel series but can easily be read as a stand-alone (FYI – I haven’t read the other books in the series). I received a copy of this through NetGalley and honestly assumed it was going to be just another teen drama but I was pleasantly surprised.

The main character was strong which was something that’s been missing in the last few books I’ve read. I also thought it was refreshing to read a book where the main female character can be seen as more of a “player” than the main male character. I’m so tired of the standard male “player” falls head over heels for the quiet virgin girl.
If I had to complain about one thing in this book it was the fact that it was a little anti-climactic towards the end. It felt like it was building up to something big but the ending kind of dropped off. 

Based on this book I would definitely check out more books by Amanda Black. 



Description
In this third, stand-alone installment of Amanda Black’s Apartment Novels series, sparks fly during a sexy party game.

When Eden Foster’s parents tell her they’re moving from Chicago to the Illinois suburb of Aledo, Eden is crushed. That is, until she runs crying to her jock boyfriend, who she finds on top of her so-called best friend. Moving’s not looking so bad anymore.

Now a senior at Mercer County High, Eden is ready to re-enter the dating scene. Still burned over the betrayal of her ex, she’s looking for someone sweet and innocent. With the help of her two new friends, Zoe and Amy, Eden makes a list of what she’s looking for: an eager virgin, ready for training—and no jocks.

Eden thinks she’s found what she’s looking for in Logan Black, a shy and geeky classmate. But why are Zoe and Amy convinced that the answer to her search is a party game…with kissing?

Eden better get ready, because she’s about to play the Single Game.

The Single Game is the latest addition to the erotic Apartment Novels series, which began with Lily and Ethan in The Apartment and The Blank Canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment