Wednesday, July 29, 2015

ARC Review: Write For Me by Michelle Holt




Buy this book now on Amazon

***I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”***

Write For Me is a standalone novel written by Michelle Holt. This is Michelle Holt’s debut novel and honestly I was surprised it was a debut novel because it was very well written. The plot flowed nicely, there weren’t any big plot holes, and the characters were relatable which made you want to keep reading because you needed to see what was going to happen next. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would read more books by Michelle Holt. 

Write For Me is the love story of Bently and Josh. Bently is not your typical girl. She is full of sarcasm and doesn’t bend over backwards to impressive every cute guy she runs across. She has had a string of bad relationships and decides she isn’t going to date for a while. An unfortunate event (which I won’t explain because it will give away a large portion of the plot) occurs and Bently’s life is sent spiraling out of control but Josh is there to try to help pick up the pieces. 

Well Josh has a girlfriend and his relationship with his witchy girlfriend is complicated by their past. Josh must decide if he should stay with his girlfriend because he is trying to make up for the past or if he is willing to fight for a future with Bently. Bently on the other hand is just all over the place with what she wants. 

Honestly I could write a whole lot more about this book because the last few paragraphs here just don’t do it justice but I really don’t want to give away big plot points because I really think everyone that enjoys the new adult genre should go read this book. I will say that it does end with the happily ever after so you won’t be disappointed (and I even shed some happy tears at the end). 



Description
My name is Bently Young. I wouldn’t say I’m an angry person. In fact my life had been like a bubble gum infused sundae topped with happiness sprinkles up until the age of when I could date. And I started to date a lot. Guys were fun at first, a nice dinner, someone to tell me I was pretty and laugh at my sarcastic jokes. But then the little creeps started showing their true colors. And they were not my favorite colors. They were like barf green and overripe fungus tangerine. And it made me angry.

Swearing off dating all together was too drastic, but I sure wanted to not do it for a while. I had my family and friends to keep me occupied. I didn’t need a man to take me to cheesy restaurants. One could only eat so much free bread and butter. Life could keep zooming along without the necessity of someone with chest hair being around.

Oh but then I met Josh. If I could have just never known he existed, all would have been fine. Of course, I don’t mean that because if I never knew he was in the world, my own world would have been an awful place. He makes me want to dance under a happiness sprinkle hail storm. Pretty much he is gorgeous and has the insane ability to use his words to make my heart float out of my chest. That made things a lot better when everything else I knew in my life decided to implode. But we weren’t immune to the black hole of horribleness either.

Ours is an epic love story and I just happened to write it down for you…

No comments:

Post a Comment