Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Chasing Each Other by J.D. Rivera


***I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”***

Chasing Each Other is the 2nd book in the Chasing series by J.D. Rivera. Chasing Each Other is a stand-alone with reoccurring characters from the first book. I haven’t read the first book in the series but after getting bits and pieces of the plot from that book in this installment I have added it to my “to-read” shelf in Goodreads. 

I have a big problem with judging a book by its cover and I have to say that the cover of this book (and the cover for the 1st book in the series) made me not want to read it. But I ignored the cover and opened the book anyway and I am glad that I did. 

This book deals with some serious issues like drug addiction and domestic abuse so it is definitely meant for an 18+ audience. Parts of it were hard to read because it was heart wrenching for Miranda to replay some of the things that happened in her past relationship with Preston. 

I don’t want to give too much of the plot away because I really do think that everyone should go out and pick up a copy (currently only 99 cents on Amazon). For those of you that only like books with a Happily Ever After this book will work out for you. 

(I deducted some stars because a major point of the plot ended up being really anti-climatic)


Description

Miranda…
I was always the life of the party, the happy one.
Until Preston killed my soul.
When he came into my life, he destroyed me. I was a shell of my former self, pretending to be fine while wishing I wouldn't wake up the next day. I never dreamed my best friend would come back into my life...and bring Brad Nicholson with her.
I never dreamed the homicide detective with the cocky attitude could show me my worth again. He could show me that my life could be amazing every day.
Until the day he found out about my past with Preston. Then, I was sure he'd see the real Miranda and ditch me for good.


Brad…
From a young age, I made a decision.
I knew what I wanted to do with my life and from that point on, my work molded me. Everything became routine. Casual. Until Mackenzie walked into my life, bringing her best friend, Miranda, with her.
From the first moment I saw Miranda, I knew she could be someone special. I didn’t have time for relationships, but she was different. She was a piece of the puzzle that could be missing. But she was broken, I could see that. And all I wanted to do was turn her into the girl I knew she really was beneath her perfectly placed mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment