Thursday, July 16, 2015

Weightless by Gia Riley




***I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”***

Weightless is the 2nd book in the Begin Again series by Gia Riley. You must read Lighter, the 1st book in the series to understand this book. 

I received both Lighter and Weightless from the author and read both back to back.
Overall I did like the series but it could have moved a little faster. I think my biggest issue with it was the pacing. I did really like the story but there were a few times when I found myself wanting to skip pages just to get to something more interesting. 

There are some tough issues addressed in this book (domestic violence, eating disorders) and overall I thought it was well written. The author is able to make the reader understand Sophie’s past without making it a reoccurring focal point of the book. I’ve read books before where the main character has had similar issues and it’s brought up in every interaction the character had so I’m glad that this series is about more than just eating disorders or abusive boyfriends. 

Lighter and Weightless follow Sophie and Kipton. Sophie is a junior in college at the beginning of Lighter and Kipton is a senior. Sophie transfers colleges to take a gymnastics scholarship and Kipton is the brother of Sophie’s new roommate. Kipton and Sophie fall for each other but there is a lot of push and pull. Sophie has issues from the past and her life keeps spiraling more out of control and she finds out more things about her past that she didn’t know. Kipton does his best to put her life back together. 

I really liked Kipton and was rooting for him the whole time. Sophie tended to annoy me but she made Kipton happy so I wanted them to work out. I’m glad they got their HEA. 



Description
After a perfect summer, Sophie returns to college for her senior year. Leaving behind her greatest source of strength, she has to work even harder to keep her demons quiet. But when her past collides with her happiness for the final time, she’s faced with a new normal. Is she strong enough to stay on top? Does she believe she’s worthy of forever, or will she give it all up for a chance at peace?

One more try. One more chance.

Now a college graduate, Kipton stumbles upon the opportunity of a lifetime. Facing an unexpected long distance relationship, he’s struggling to find the perfect balance between life and love. All he wants is to protect his girl, but he doesn’t know how. Especially when she starts keeping secrets.

Fate has already determined their path. Time controls it. Are Sophie and Kipton strong enough to overcome the odds? Will they conquer the past once and for all?
Only one person knows the answer to free her – to make her weightless.

No comments:

Post a Comment