Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Excerpt: BEFORE & AFTER by Nazarea Andrews

BEFORE & AFTER Synopsis:

Rike and Peyton fell in love in college.
A boy from the wrong side of the tracks, covered in ink and crooning in a bar is the last person a straight laced girl with a art major should fall for, but his rough edges made her jagged, alive, shaving away the coddled southern princess and revealing a soul wild and brilliant.
They fell in love, despite her family and his past and all the reasons why it wouldn't work--and with their best friends, they made a life. Everyone was supposed to live happily ever after.
They, more than anyone, knows that life doesn't go according to plan.
Rike and Peyton fell in love in college. A boy with a guitar, and a poet's heart, and a girl with freckles dusted over her nose, a perfect fucking fairy tale.
But what happens when the fairy tale doesn't fall apart--but is forgotten?


GIVEAWAY:
Win a silver Ampersand necklace and a signed copy of BEFORE & AFTER.


BUY LINKS:
B&N:  bit.ly/1OQxWam
Inktera: bit.ly/1MtT5Ii





---------------

Nazarea Andrews' Bio:

Nazarea Andrews (N to almost everyone) is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. Which means she writes everything from zombies and dystopia to contemporary love stories. When not writing, she can most often be found driving her kids to practice and burning dinner while she reads, or binging watching TV shows on Netflix. N loves chocolate, wine, and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, spoiled cat and overgrown dog. She is the author of World Without End series, Neverland Found, Edge of the Falls, and The University of Branton Series. Stop by her twitter (@NazareaAndrews) and tell her what fantastic book she should read next.


Author Links:

Site - http://www.nazareaandrews.com/
Blog - http://www.nazarea-andrews.blogspot.com/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NazareaAndrews
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nazarea-Andrews/43623123516
Street Team - https://www.facebook.com/groups/427502530700422/
Newsletter - http://eepurl.com/MtHwj 


BEFORE & AFTER by Nazarea Andrews

EXCERPT

I squeeze my eyes closed. I knew it was coming, but stillto hear it said so bluntly is like running headlong into a brick wall. I shift, so Im lying across his chest. The koi on his arm stares up at me through the shield of seaweed and coral, and I study it.
I love that one, I say. He chuckles, and I prop myself up, glaring at him. What?
You should. Its yours. My mouth falls open and he laughs again. Why the hell does that surprise you? Half my ink is because of you.
Tell me, I demand.
He pushes off the bed, and stands naked next to me. I make a small hum of appreciation and Rike laughs again. Stop. Focus.
With some effortand a good deal of reluctanceI force my attention from the more interesting bits of his anatomy to the ink hes pointing at.
Im a patchwork across his body. The pinup girl on his ribcage with her head turned away, and long red hair. The script wrapped around his right wrist. The matching swallows on his back. And the koi, the brilliant tattoo thats captivated me since I woke up in the hospital.
Why do you call me Fish? I ask, tracing it.
People say theres plenty of fish in the sea. I say, fuck you, she was my sea.
My breath catches and I glance up at hm. Let my lips curve into a tiny smile. Doesnt take mean Im Sea?
He shifts, covering me and sliding into me in one move that makes my laugh catch in my throat. Turn into a broken groan.
Fish sounds better, he whispers, watching me.
I whimper, and he smiles, a smile so fucking beautiful and sad it makes me want to cry. Moves in me, slow and sweet, his lips on my neck and shoulders and lips, whispering sweet, dirty words of love while he makes love to me, until I gasp, my body arching against him as I come apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment