Tuesday, March 31, 2015

5 Star Review! The Consequences of Loving Colton by Rachel Van Dyken

Pre-Order Now on Amazon: Link

***I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”***

Based on the cover and the description for The Consquences of Loving Colton I assumed this book would be another angst filled new adult book with the main character in love with her brother’s unattainable best friend. But it was so not that! 

This book is probably the most hilarious one that I’ve read in the past year. The premise is that Milo has been in love with her brother’s friend Colton since she was a little kid. Now she’s 21, graduating from college, and comes home for the weekend for her brother’s wedding. Through a series of funny events – Milo’s best friend Max shows up pretending to be her boyfriend, fake proposes, and does everything he can to make Colton jealous in the most hilarious way possible. Well turns out that the brother getting married isn’t excited to get married and is essentially being trapped due to pregnancy scare by his devil of a fiancĂ©. Max actually knows the fiancĂ© from acting camp and vows to do everything he can to stop the wedding. Hilarity ensues when Max’s brother shows up to help along with a sexed up senile grandma. Of course it ends with a happily ever after for Milo and Colton..

5 out of 5 stars!


Description
My name is Milo Caro and I have a confession to make.
I’ve been in love with Colton Mathews since I was five. He should have known that sharing a cookie with a sugar obsessed little monster would do the trick–it sealed his fate. So really, the fact that he’s sporting a black eye, a limp, almost got ran over by a car, and was nearly responsible for another person’s death? Right. His fault. Not mine.

I made a pact with myself–this weekend would be different. I’d come home for my brothers wedding, smile, and Colton would naturally melt into my arms, we’d get married have five kids, live in a house by the river, and get a dog named scratch (clearly I’ve thought this through).

What really happened? I punched my brother in the face, Colton kissed me and apologized, I lied about having a boyfriend, oh and everyone wants to meet the mystery man.

They say laughter always comes before insanity–ha, ha. All I wanted was my brother’s best friend…instead I’m sitting in prison.

Let this be a lesson to you all…life rarely happens the way you want it to.

Damn cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment