Monday, March 2, 2015

More Than Comics (Chasing the Dream #2) by Elizabeth Briggs




***I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”***

This is the 2nd book in a series that follows the love lives of a group of guys in a band. It was a cute story and the biggest differentiator for this book is that is set at Comic-Con. I’ve read a lot of books in the New Adult genre and I have to say this is by far the most unique setting I have run across. 

The plot actually ended up being fairly predictable and the main characters got on my nerves a little. The main male character (Hector) was constantly having mood swings that drove me crazy and the main female character (Tara) couldn’t seem to make a decision without deliberating forever. The side characters really helped move the plot along and brought some humor to what would have otherwise been somewhat painful to read. 

I give this book a 3 out of 5 because while I didn’t love it, I thought it was worth the read. It was a very quick read and made me laugh a few times. 

Description

They're friends online - but can they be more in real life?

Writer Tara McFadden has been friends with artist and drummer Hector Fernandez for years, long before his band became famous on reality TV – yet they’ve never met in person. They finally have a chance to connect offline when they’re both sent to Comic-Con to promote the graphic novel they collaborated on.

Hector's secretly been in love with Tara for as long as he can remember, and once they meet, she sees him in a new light. All the years of longing lead to an incredible night of passion after one of his concerts, but neither is sure if their online relationship can translate into a real life romance – or if this will ruin their friendship forever.

Over four crazy days at Comic-Con, Hector and Tara must decide if they want a future together. But when their story seems to be over, it’s up to Hector’s entire band to make sure he and Tara get their happy ending.


No comments:

Post a Comment