Monday, March 2, 2015

The Line Between by Tamsyn Bester





***I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book free from Patchwork Press Cooperative/Author Tamsyn Bester in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”***

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. After reading the first few pages I thought “Here we go – another stereotypical modern day Romeo and Juliet” but Tamsyn Bester was able to break out of the box and really bring some new drama to an age old story. My only negative feedback for the book is that the ending felt rather rushed. We spend the first 95% of the book waiting for these two to figure out they are meant to be together and then all the sudden it’s like “WHAM, BAM, THE END.” I would have like to have seen an epilogue or something along those lines but maybe this means a sequel will be coming out? I would most definitely read it.

On a scale of 1 to 5 I give this book a solid 3. It’s an easy read – only took about 4 hours and it had enough going on that it mostly held my attention. I just saw that there is a novella in this series that follow’s the main characters best friends and their romance. I think I’ll have to pick that one up too. 

Description

There’s a fine line between love and hate, so fine that you don’t know you’ve lost balance until it’s too late.
I’m not sure exactly when I lost my balance, all I know is that he was to blame.
Dane Winters.
The boy who’d spent most of his life hating me for reasons I never understood.
** ** ** ** ** **
It was no secret that I hated her, but only I knew why.
She was off-limits.
And then our separate worlds collided with one tragedy.
It wasn’t her fault, I knew that, but I wanted her to hurt the way I did, and I needed someone to blame. She was an easy target.
Kennedy Monroe.
The girl I’d picked on all our lives.
And the woman I barely tolerated.
Until the line between love and hate was no longer visible…

No comments:

Post a Comment