Monday, April 6, 2015

Wait for You Series (1-4) by J Lynn





Over the last week I read all currently released books in the Wait for You series by J Lynn.
The series order (current releases) is:
1 - Wait for You – Avery and Cam   (My rating 3.5 out of 5)
1.5 (Full Length Novel) - Trust In Me – Avery and Cam (from Cam’s POV) (My rating 1.5 out of 5)
2 - Be With You – Teresa and Jase (My rating 3 out of 5)
2.25 (Novella found in Fifty First Times) – Brittany and Ollie (My rating 4 out of 5)
2.5 (Novella) – The Proposal – Avery and Cam (My rating 3.5 out of 5)
3 – Stay with Me – Calla and Jax (My rating 3 out of 5)
4 – Fall with Me – Roxy and Reece (My rating 2.5 out of 5)
Upcoming releases:
4.5 (Novella in 1001 Dark Nights) – Dream of You – Abby and Colton
5 – Forever with You – Stephanie and Nick
6 – Fire in You – Brock and ?

My thoughts:
Like most series where each book follows someone different in a group of friends you will find that you relate better to some rather than others.

Cam & Avery - Book #1 was good – more of a typical new adult book, some angst, misunderstandings, etc. Book #1.5 was annoying. It was basically Book #1 retold from Cam’s POV but with very little new information. Whole sections were the same exact full dialogue from Book #1. Book 2.5 was short but cute.

Teresa & Jase – Book #2 was interesting. It was hard to read at some parts because of the obvious domestic violence going on with Teresa’s roommate. I just wanted to punch Teresa a bunch of times for not stepping up and helping her roommate.

Brittany & Ollie – Book #2.25 --- Why the heck is there not a full length novel for Britt and Ollie? They are the characters I find most interesting of the whole group. This novella was great but was very rushed and I want more Britt & Ollie.

Calla & Jax – Book #3 – Here is where the author really starts reaching. Calla is a friend of Teresa’s and isn’t mentioned very much in the earlier books but now she ended up with her own book. The story was ok and had a lot of suspense but at some point these books went from New Adult novels and turned into wannabe mystery novels.

Roxy & Reece – Book #4 – Roxy is a bartender that works at Jax’s (from book #3) bar. Again this is a wannabe mystery novel disguised as a New Adult romance book. Roxy is too dumb to realize someone is obviously stalking her but decides it must be ghosts doing all the weird stuff in her apartment. Really?

I honestly don’t know if I will continue to read this series. While the books are ok I find myself getting bored and just wanting to get to end.

3 out of 5 stars for the series (current releases)

No comments:

Post a Comment