Wednesday, May 13, 2015

All Played Out (Rusk University #3) by Cora Carmack

 

All Played Out is the 3rd novel in the Rusk University Series by Cora Carmack. It can be read as a stand-alone but I think to get the full effect it’s smart to read the series in order. 

Read my review for Rusk University #1 & #2 


So I recently read and reviewed a book called The List by Kate L Mary (Review Here)
The List had a lot of similarities to this (college student, virgin, makes a bucket list, enlists hot guy to help with bucket list, has some fun times, drama, falls in love) but I enjoyed The List better because the characters were more relatable. 

I’ve read the rest of the Rusk University novels and Torres has stood out as a favorite character this whole time. I didn’t have any trouble relating to him but Nell drove me nuts. The constant internal monologue with all the “poor me, I’m so sheltered and I want to get out of my comfort zone but I’m scared” crap just drove me up the wall. I had to fight the urge to skip pages in the chapters that were in Nell’s POV. The ending of this book was also really abrupt, they get in a fight and break up and then all the sudden they are back together, happily ever after, the end. There was not even close to enough drama in this book to keep me interested. My overall thoughts on this book is “Meh, if you liked the other books you might as well power through this one but don’t expect anything fantastic.”

I struggled with my star rating on this one. My initial reaction was to give less than 3 stars but Cora Carmack is one of my favorite authors and overall the Rusk U series is pretty good so I'm going with 3 stars. 





*A couple weeks ago Cora Carmack made a special announcement about the fourth book in this series (Read Annoucement Here). The fourth book will be Stella’s book and contain a sensitive subject. I am super excited – Stella has been my favorite female character of the series. 


Description
First person in her family to go to college? CHECK.
Straight A’s? CHECK.
On track to graduate early? CHECK.
Social life? …..yeah, about that….

With just a few weeks until she graduates, Antonella DeLuca’s beginning to worry that maybe she hasn’t had the full college experience. (Okay... Scratch that. She knows she hasn't had the full college experience).

So Nell does what a smart, dedicated girl like herself does best. She makes a "to do" list of normal college activities.

Item #1? Hook up with a jock.

Rusk University wide receiver Mateo Torres practically wrote the playbook for normal college living. When he’s not on the field, he excels at partying, girls, and more partying. As long as he keeps things light and easy, it's impossible to get hurt... again. But something about the quiet, shy, sexy-as-hell Nell gets under his skin, and when he learns about her list, he makes it his mission to help her complete it.

Torres is the definition of confident (And sexy. And wild), and he opens up a side of Nell that she's never known. But as they begin to check off each crazy, exciting, normal item, Nell finds that her frivolous list leads to something more serious than she bargained for. And while Torres is used to taking risks on the field, he has to decide if he's willing to take the chance when it's more than just a game.

Together they will have to decide if what they have is just part of the experiment or a chance at something real.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment